San Giacomo | Little church

Roncade TV

Ottieni indicazioni

Traces of a chapel in this area date back to 1231. The building is dedicated to Saint James, the pilgrims' patron saint , as located close to a hospice (now Rubinato house) for travelers on their way to Rome. Following the flooding of rivers, that destroyed the church, which remained abandoned until 1505, when a noble Venetian, Giacomo Antonio Tiepolo, restored the church and bell tower and rebuilted the rectory. In St. James Church are painted, besides the titular saint, St. Sebastian and St. Rocco.